Pages

Monday, December 11, 2017

Sending love through our mistakes

Traditionally, I have always been very brutal with myself when I make mistakes. I was so abusive toward myself that I would physically hurt myself. This was way back in college. The truth is that if anyone else treated me that way, they wouldn’t be in my life. But I put up with it from myself?

Why?

Why do we do this to ourselves?

And it’s the small mistakes that I have been so hard on myself about. Forgetting my keys. Typos in my books. 

I am better.

It has been a long road. Where before I would berate myself for a good half hour over the small mistakes, now it doesn’t last as long, and it is not as intense. The edge has been taken off quite a bit, and there are times when I am actually quite loving with myself.

But what if all these mistakes, all these errors, were actually opportunities to send our highest love into form?

Try this:

The next time you make a mistake, like dropping something, or forgetting something, or making a typo in life, take a deep breath and flood your highest love through the opening created by that error.

You may forget to do this. I do. We all do. So after (or as) you are reading yourself the riot act, take a deep breath and love yourself. 

Better yet, take a deep breath and send some love to the part of yourself that is doing the berating. It makes matters much worse to beat up on the internal beater-upper.

This takes practice. 

But you can interrupt the “beat on yourself for being human” pattern with one deep breath of love.

And another, and another.

Over and over again until our human selves feel loved and honored by our higher selves unconditionally.

Love

Danny
copyright 2017 Danny Peebles

The process of anchoring The 8 Commands of Awakened Love into our chests, cells, mind, and emotions — cultivates a state of unconditional self-love. If you haven’t given yourself the gift of this book yet, you can do so here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment